Post-restructuring, our client engaged Exent to refine their technology function. Exent’s recommendations aligned IT with organisational strategy, fostering continuous improvement. Outcomes include documentation, empathy maps, and an ongoing program for strategic efficiency through role recruitment and function realignment.
Our client, a regional multi-commodity port corporation, had recently completed a comprehensive organisational restructuring, which included significant changes in executive-level roles, resulting in a refinement of existing executive portfolios and the formation of an entirely new executive leadership team.
Reporting to the CFO, the client’s Information Technology (IT) function comprises a multi-disciplinary team of permanent employees and a contractor workforce. This team handles traditional IT functions, such as service desk, projects, business-as-usual operations (via Information Systems or IS), and operational technology functions (via the Operational Systems or OS business units).
Exent was engaged to review and redefine the technology function and operating model, focusing on the following key areas:
- Organisational structure – lines, spans and layers
- Workforce mix between permanent employees and contingent staff
- Physical location and geographic span
- Redesign of functional capabilities and roles
- Improved operating model for key IT and OT services, service delivery model, project delivery model, and aspects of people performance.